WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Rep. Charlie Dent (PA-15) issued the following statement following severe weather and power outages impacting thousands of local residents:
“In response to the unseasonable snow storm to hit the Fifteenth District over the weekend leaving thousands of area residents without power, local Emergency Management officials have announced available services and shelters in Lehigh and Northampton Counties as necessary work is completed to restore electricity to those affected by the storm. I encourage you to check on and share this information with your neighbors, family and friends impacted by these outages.”
• Troxell Middle School, located at 2219 N. Cedar Crest Blvd in Allentown. Food, warm beverages and cots are available at this location and residents should bring blankets pillows and any medication. Officials are urging people to enter at the rear of the building. (610) 633-4549
• The Agri-Plex at Ag Hall on the Allentown Fairgrounds at 302 North 17th Street is a temporary warming shelter. Currently, this location is a warming center, NOT a shelter. Food or cots will not be available at this location. The warming center will be open 24 hours until further notice. Please contact Lehigh County Emergency Management at (610) 782-4600 if you need further information.
• Calypso Elementary School, located at 1021 Calypso Avenue in Bethlehem, has been opened as a warming center. (610) 691-0152
• The Salvation Army, located at 1110 Northampton Street in Easton, will be open until 4:30 p.m. on Monday and from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday as a warming center. (610) 258-9531
• Trinity Episcopal Church, located at 234 Spring Garden Street in Easton, will be open from 1p.m. to 8 p.m. on Monday and 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Tuesday as a warming center. (610) 253-0792
To report a power outage, contact the following utilities:
• PPL: 1-800-DIAL-PPL
• JCP & L & Met-Ed: 1-888-LIGHTSS
If you contact Congressman Dent’s district office regarding power outages, his staff will forward that information along to the appropriate utility.
Local officials urge all those going to any of these emergency shelters to advise friends and family of their location. In addition, please do not hesitate contacting Congressman Dent’s offices in the Lehigh Valley at (610) 770-3490 or East Greenville at (215) 541-4106 if you need further assistance.